Thursday 20 October 2016

Evaluation

In this evaluation, The task was to create a vide profile which reflected what we learnt so far in media. That included identifying the type of shots and the best techniques to portray yourself throughout the video. Similarly, to a CV to show what were your strengths and weaknesses were at the start of the course. I will be evaluating the pre and post-production of making this video profile. discuss. 
 In the pre-production, I planned out the type of video I wanted to create whether it be me in front of the camera or speaking out through a voiceover. I felt more comfortable to talk through using a voiceover whilst illustrating the shots. As, its more of a personal video about myself and its not something I'm used to talk to camera. Firstly, I thought of creating a video which would explore my personal interest and hobbies. I have selected topics like my favourite genre of music, the food that I enjoy eating and my aspirations/experiences. So, I tried to shoot in different areas and places that would help reinforce this idea.I had chosen Shorditch Highstreet as its an urban place for fashion, street art and street food stalls or markets. But, looking back on the recorded footage it wasn't making sense of what I wanted to portray within the video. There wasn't any narrative to what I was showing through the shots. By doing an illustrated video it's more easy to shoot by yourself, If there was more people to help out the video would've run more smoothly. I used my pre-production to plan more of the shots I liked without thinking of how it'd be portrayed through the video. 
The advantage of filming through illustration allowed me to have control of how the video was filmed. Whereas, if I chose a specific location it would've meant a lot distribution of release forms for locations, or if anything were to interfere on the day of shoot it would mean looking for to alternative location or cancelling shoots. Last minute changes would've change the entire schedule wasting time that could've been use d to film.  
 In addition, my post-production when filming was difficult for me as I was new to filming and looking at the best locations to shoot certain areas. My last minute changes to the content of the video profile meant I had to re-write my whole plan e.g. Script, mood board and production schedule. I didn't understand the importance of lighting and sound in the video production as they're the most important in any video. 
   This was my first time filming and editing a video which explains why the quality of the sound and video weren't great. I lacked in understanding how the video should be made during the day of filming. 
I was trying to focus my ideas from the mood board that I made on the blog. My preparation for creating this video was unorganised as I had no idea of what I was going to do for his video. My storyboard wasn't helpful as I wasn't sure how I wanted it to look in the beginning. Whereas, when using my script I picked a few of the topics that I wanted to include to present my interest and hobbies. 
  Overall, this video would've been successful If I've thoroughly researched and planned out to create the video of my choice.By researching how to film and edit in the beginning would have been helpful with the preparation I wouldn't have struggled as much making the video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment